Human Physiology Lab Book
First Edition, © 2015
This lab book is an updated and modified version of our first physiology lab book in 1980. That lab book (Physiology Lab) was extremely successful for many years. It wasn't until recently that we had the opportunity to rewrite that golden oldie for the current market. You will find the approach of this physiology lab book to be very well tested, and we think you will be impressed at its appropriateness and effectiveness for the health care students of today.Order Now
- Labs are based on over 35 years of teaching experience in human physiology.
- Unparalleled application of health care, nutrition, and conditioning concepts.
- Every exercise in every lab has been classroom tested. The experiments work.
- Each lab has thorough introductory information and a significant emphasis on discussion and application of concepts.
- Labs are “step by step” which fosters self-directed lab groups.
- Physiology and the Mind
- Data Presentation
- Data Analysis
- Heat Production and Body Insulation
- Metabolism and Metabolic Rate
- Diet Analysis
- Designing a Diet Plan
- Focused Study of Weight Balance
- Breathing - Mechanics and Patterns
- Breathing - Tests and Disorders
- The Heart
- Blodd Pressure & Cardiovascular Conditioning
- Kidney Function
- Kidney Function - Analysis of Tests and Disorders
- Sleeping Patterns and Circadian Rhythms
- Senses and Perception
Supplements Included with Lab Books
Instructor Guide—The answer book. Our guide orients new teachers to your program. It is the ideal aid for tutors.
“Biology Lab Book is the best lab book I’ve used in lab preparations. Materials are inexpensive, easy to find, and illustrate biological principles in wonderfully clear ways. Best of all, students are encouraged to think and have fun doing it.
—Barbara Hampson, Senior Laboratory Technician
“Don’t let the simple format fool you! Students come away from these labs with a very sophisticated understanding of the fundamentals of biology.”
—Russell Di Fiori, Botany and General Biology Instructor
“I’ve used at least 10 different biology lab books... Biology Lab Book is the first one that my students can follow and actually learn from. I love the questions. They make my students think!”
—Denise Vizcarra, Ecology and General Biology Instructor
“This is the best lab manual I’ve ever used, as a student or as a teacher. It encourages the student to think critically and independently, while giving them the guidance and direction they need. What a refreshing change!”
—Rebecca L. C. Bailey, General Biology Instructor